The St. Petersburg and Clearwater region holiday season is extra special when it includes family, friends, and a local holiday event. Choose one of these events to make some treasured memories this yuletide season.
Holiday Happenings Around St. Petersburg
- December Whole Month, 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM, Annual Holiday Lights in the Gardens, Florida Botanical Gardens, Largo, FL
Walk through a wonderland of twinkling lights with one million LED lights highlighting the plants and in nature-themed or holiday-themed light displays. This is a treat for the whole family.
- December 9, 2017, 6:30 PM, 30th Annual St. Petersburg’s Illuminated Boat Parade, Tampa Bay near downtown St. Pete, FL
Bring the family to revel in the lights and boats. There are many prime spots along the waterfront to enjoy the parade.
- December 9, 2017, 6:30 PM, Annual Clearwater Holiday Lighted Boat Parade, Clearwater Marina Channel, FL
Festively decorated boats will parade past Coachman Park around 8:30 PM. From there, the fleet will cruise under the Memorial Causeway Bridge turning into the Clearwater Marina Channel.
- December 10, 2017, 3-8 PM, 20th Annual Candlelight Tour of Homes, Old Northeast Neighborhood, St. Petersburg, FL
The Northeast’s most prestigious and unique properties will be beautifully decorated and open for touring. The holiday tour features the diverse and distinctive architectural character found throughout the Old Northeast decked out in holiday decorations and lights. Travel about the neighborhood by car, by bike, on foot, or ride the complimentary trolley.
- December 13, 2017, 7:30 PM, Boley Centers, 35th Annual Jingle Bell Run, St. Petersburg Waterfront, FL
This 3-mile event features 1,500 luminarias, 15 bands, three glow zones, snow, glow-in-the-dark face paint, glow necklaces, and thousands of merry runners, joggers, walkers and four-legged trotters.
- December 16-17, 2017 – 4th Annual St. Petersburg Holiday of the Arts, South Straub Park, St. Petersburg, FL
South Straub Park transforms into an outdoor gallery of original and handmade art created by artisan across the state. Discover artworks in painting, sculpture, jewelry, glass, ceramics, fiber and wearable art, photography, digital art, mixed-media, metalwork, woodworking and more.
Year-round the Florida gulf coast region has much to see, do, and experience so plan to visit throughout the year. It’s a beautiful place filled with numerous offerings for families, for singles, for retirees, and for the career-bound. If you’re interested in calling this area your home we’re here to assist you with your house search. Schedule an appointment today.
Thomas J. Morillo, Realtor®, GRI, SRS, CDPE, DRS is a licensed Florida Gulf Coast Real Estate Agent serving St. Petersburg, St. Pete Beach, Treasure Island, and the surrounding Pinellas County areas of Florida. When it’s time to buy or sell speak with a trusted professional knowledgeable in the homes and neighborhoods of Pinellas County. Keep informed by downloading our free marketing statistics report, click here.